Quite often one would come across that inventory of a specific item that does not appear in the system. The reasons could be many. It could be that a vendor may send the wrong item and upon discovery may instruct to keep it instead of returning or some items may reappear during a usual cycle count later when it was actually written off. Possibly, the sales personnel may also provide sample items to the engineering department, which eventually can be moved into usable inventory. The reasons can be many but you wish to incorporate the system even without having to create a purchase order and purchase order receipt. One of the easiest ways to do is to perform inventory adjustments. Nevertheless, some simple updates need to be performed before making the adjustments.
- Checking the Records: At the outset check the records to ensure whether the item is included. In case the item does not figure in the records, it could just be dumped than keep placing it in the inventory. In fact, if the demand for an item is lost and currently there is no method to market, it could become a white elephant consuming valuable space without any future prospect. Such items, irrespective of its value must be disposed post haste.
- Ascertain Cost Record: Secondly, ensure cost record for the item is in place. A cost showing zero will misrepresent the total value of all the products available.
- Updating Quantity: When your item record is found to be accurate, go ahead and include the quantity into your inventory.
- Updating Released Products: Next step is navigating to Product Information Management, Released Products and select your product from the list. You can also go to the Released Products Maintenance Tile. Now select Release Products to go to the list page and at the list page, select the product to your inventory.
- For adding to your physical inventory, highlight or select the item
- At the top of the form, select the Manage Inventory tab
- On-Hand Inventory Menu in the upper right hand portion of the form opens up a blank form when selected
- Next click on the Quantity Adjustment tab
Again a blank Counting form will appear
- Now click on the New button
The counting form opens up with filled in item number
- Enter the Site
- Enter the Warehouse
- Location for item can be entered now
- Next quantity can be entered
By clicking OK at the bottom of the form completes the process. The forms could have more columns but by selecting the inventory dimension the configuration, size, style and color can be concealed. Moreover, by clicking the personalization the catch weight columns gets hidden.
At last, your item has now been added to the system for use. Sounds simple isn’t it.