OneNote users who do not own or presently have access to the desktop version of the app, is by far the most functional version. OneNote web App is the overall solution available through Office 365.
Make New Notes With OneNote Web App
It is easy to create a new note, section or even notebook in OneNote web App.
Creating New Notebook
It is necessary to get logged into SkyDrive.com to create a new notebook for use in OneNote web App.
- Select Create OneNote Notebook from top of the screen while logged into SkyDrive.com. Next for the selected Notebook, a pop-up menu appears with a text field and a default name.
- Tap or Click on Create after typing a name for the selected notebook. Your new Notebook appears in the OneNote web App.
Creating a New Section
In order to create a new section, select the insert tab and clip the New Section button. An Untitled Section will appear which can be renamed accordingly.
Creating A New Note
Click or tap the plus symbol to the right of the section name that you want the note to fall under in the bar at the left side. By default the new page will be Untitled Page which can be renamed later as desired.
Existing Notes Open With OneNote Web App
It is simple to open a Notebook, section, or page. However, the process depends on which one you intend opening. It is advisable to open notebook in the SkyDrive.com interface, whereas sections and pages must be opened in the OneNote web App.
Opening a Notebook
Open a Notebook in the SkyDrive.com interface to use OneNote web App to edit a note. The following steps would help to open a Notebook:
- Log in to SkyDrive.com and if necessary, navigate to the folder containing the Notebook.
You will observe that the cursor turns into a hand, unless you are floating over the check box in the upper-right corner.
- Click or tap the item. The file opens in OneNote web App.
Opening A Section or Page
While viewing the notebook containing the section or page, select the name of the section you want to see to open a section or page. Bingo! It opens in the pane at the right as you select the name of the page with the section containing the chosen note.
Rename Notes in OneNote Web App
In OneNote web App, you have the provision to rename notebooks, sections or notes which is not possible with the mobile versions of OneNote.
Method to Rename a Notebook
- The folder containing the Notebook must be opened after logging on to SkyDrive.com interface, if required can also navigate.
Moreover, your cursor turns into a hand unless you are hovering over the check box on the corner to the upper-right side.
- Click to select the Notebook and choose Rename from the Manage menu which is on the top of the page. A field appears with the selected name of the Notebook.
- To rename the file, type the new name and then click anywhere outside the field.
Method to Rename a Section or Note Page
Follow this simple method to rename a section or Note page:
- First log in to SkyDrive.com and open the Notebook containing the section or note page you wish to open. The Notebook will appear in OneNote web App.
- In the sidebar at the left from the context menu choose Rename by pressing or right-clicking and holding on the name of a note or section.
With the name selected, a field appears around the name of the section or page.
- Type the new name to rename the section or page and then click or tap anywhere outside the field.
How to Delete Notes:
There is a little difference in the process of deleting notes in OneNote web App depending on what you are deleting.
How to Delete a Notebook:
Notebook should be deleted In the SkyDrive.com interface, in the following method:
- Log in to SkyDrive.com and navigate, only if you find it necessary, to the folder that contains Notebook that you wish to delete.
By default, your cursor turns into a hand, unless you are hovering over the check box in the upper-right corner.
- In order to select the Notebook click or tap and choose Delete from the Manage menu at the top of the screen. The file is deleted and SkyDrive notifies you via a pop-up menu with an Undo button that you can press if you don’t want to delete the Notebook.
How to Delete Sections or Pages
It is easy to delete a section or page. Right-click or press and hold on the name of a section or page and choose Delete.
How to Salvage Deleted Notebooks From SkyDrive’s Recycle Bin
Normally, deleting sections and pages is done at the final stage, deleting a Notebook or any other file from SkyDrive.com dumps those files into the Recycle Bin which is accessible at the bottom of the left sidebar. In order to retrieve a previously deleted Notebook, which may have been inadvertently the following methods would help:
- Click or tap the Recycle Bin link near the bottom of the left sidebar even while you are logged in to SkyDrive.com. You will come across a list of your deleted files.
- You need to select the check box which is next to the Notebook that you wish to restore. Then click or tap Restore at the top of the page. Your file gets restored at the same position where it was previously deleted.